It is critical to visit your Hoppers Crossing dentist as soon as possible if you have a dental emergency. At Wyndham Smile Care, we take pride in our expertise and experience in dealing with dental emergencies.
Our emergency dentists are available 6 days of the week.
- Monday to Friday – 9am to ~5pm
- Saturday – 9am to 1pm
We can assist with a variety of dental emergencies:
- Infections (abscesses)
- Chipped, Broken or Knocked-out Teeth
- Broken Dentures
- Lost Dental Filling or Crown
- Loose or failed Dental Implants
While visiting your dentist ASAP in case of a dental emergency is the best course of action, it may not always be possible to get professional help in time. There are ways to Manage your Dental Emergencies
For all dental emergencies, please Call 03 9749 0422
Listen to what our customers have to say!
Very happy with the overall treatment. Receptionist was very welcoming not much fuss about the last minute appointment, definitely recommend to those looking for a affordable and efficient dentists in hoppers crossing.
professional and caring staff, walked in with an emergency on friday super satisfied with the treatment provided, definitely recommend to anyone looking for a experienced dentist.
I’ve been to 3-4 different dentists in werrribee/hoppers crossing. I never really trust what they’re saying. One dentist (…) took a scan, charged $100 then told me what I needed without taking a single look in my mouth.
I stumbled upon Wyndham Smile when I had a chipped tooth (they got me in right away). I have been back a few times since. Dr Jaspreet Kaur is fantastic. She doesn’t need scans to see what’s needed. She’s confident and extremely professional. She explains everything in detail and takes time to make sure I understand whats happening.
No one likes a filling. But her team is so amazing I nearly fell asleep in the chair.
What you need to do if you have a toothache:
- Apply a cool compress to the outside of your cheek if swelling is evident.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salty water or alcohol-free mouthwash like Listerine 2-3 times a day.
- Using dental floss, gently remove any food stuck between your teeth.
- Use over-the-counter pain relievers like neurofen every 6-8 hours for immediate relief.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything hot or cold. Room temperature food and drinks are recommended.
- Avoid biting/eating hard to chew foods on the affected side.
- Soft diet and good oral hygiene should be maintained.
- A desensitizing toothpaste may be helpful.
If the discomfort continues beyond a day or two,Call 03 9749 0422 or schedule an appointment with your local Hopper Crossing dentist immediately.
Treatment for the toothache is dependent on the cause:
- If the pain is caused by a cavity, your dentist will treat the cavity (dental filling) or, if required, remove the tooth (teeth extraction).
- If an infection of the tooth’s nerve is found to be the source of the toothache, a root canal treatment may be required.
- If you have a fever or if your jaw is swollen, an antibiotic may be given.
- It’s critical to know what to do if you suddenly get a terrible toothache late at night or on weekends.
- Infections that develop around a tooth’s root or in the gap between teeth and gums are known as abscesses.
- Infection of root canal may cause severe pain and damage to the tissue within the tooth.
- If the infection is not treated at this point, the tooth will have to be removed, and the infection will spread to adjacent teeth and the rest of the mouth, creating complications.
- Rinse your mouth several times a day with a warm salty water to relieve discomfort and bring pus to the surface.
A root canal therapy is a frequent treatment used to treat a tooth that has become infected due to decay or poor dental hygiene.
Chipped, Broken or Knocked-out Tooth
- Find the tooth or broken pieces calmly.
- Ensure that you hold it by the crown (top) rather than the root.
- Rinse the tooth in milk or saliva to remove any dirt or debris.
- Immediately store the tooth in a container with milk and take it to your dentist for potential replantation.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salty water.
- Use an ice pack wrapped in a clean towel or a cold compress to the face to decrease swelling.
Make an emergency appointment with your dentist right away.
Treatment is dependent on the severity of the injury.
- Your dentist can replant teeth into the tooth socket within 1 hour of being knocked out.
- For a chipped, fractured, or cracked tooth, your dentist may glue the tooth fragment back on .
- A filling or a crown (a cap that completely covers the broken tooth) where a piece of tooth is broken.
- A severely damaged tooth with exposed nerves requires root canal treatment.
- Store the denture in a container.
- Do not attempt to superglue the denture or use a store-bought repair kit, as this will have a negative impact and, in most instances, will render the denture unrepairable.
Make an emergency appointment with your dentist right away.
Chipped or damaged dentures may usually be fixed without difficulty. After obtaining the appropriate dimensions and matching the colour to the rest of the denture teeth, a dentist or prosthodontist would often remove the damaged tooth and replace it with a new tooth.
Lost Dental Filling or Crown
- A filling or crown may become loose and fall out if a cavity develops under the filling or crown.
- You may be feeling pain because the dentine (exposed middle layer of the tooth) is sensitive to hot and cold foods. Also avoid hot/ cold foods to protect the nerve.
- Avoid eating/ biting on the tooth; avoid hard foods in general to prevent tooth from breaking further.
A new filling or crown will be required, so make an appointment with your dentist as soon as possible.
If the tooth or filling is sharp and cutting into the tongue, your dentist to get the sharpness removed and potentially get a temporary filling.
Loose or failed Dental Implants
- To have a loose implant tightened back down, try to go to the dentist within 2 days..
- Avoid chewing on that side of your mouth. Chewing on a loose dental implant may lead to additional complications or, even worse, fracture of the implant.
A dental implant that has failed to attach to the jawbone usually comes free after one week of usage. Only the crown may be loose in certain instances, which may be repaired by screwing it down.
Affordable Emergency Dentist in Hoppers Crossing
We offer a wide range of emergency dental services to residents of Hopper Crossing VIC 3029 at an affordable price.
Other Dental Services
We can help you keep the beautiful smile you want with our preventative dental treatments. Maintaining a regular checkup schedule with cleanings and exams allows us to detect and treat minor concerns such as tooth decay before they become bigger oral health issues.
Our cosmetic dentistry services for your gums, lips, and teeth may help you achieve a healthy smile.
Our full range of general dental services including Children’s Dental, Extractions, Fillings, Gum Disease, Oral Surgery, Root Canal Treatment, Sedation, Wisdom Teeth Removal and X-rays.